The Photo Diary: Bournemouth Air Show




Aloha Bombshells,



So last weekend I got the chance to go the popular Bournemouth Air Show with a couple of friends of mine, it's something that I have wanted to do, so was pleased to be offered the chance to go with them and we couldn't have picked a better day for it we went on the Sunday, the day also meant an early start for us, because if you don't get there before 9 in the morning, you won't get parked very easily.

We started the day off with a nice walk to the gardens, I love the gardens I can remember when I was younger, when it was getting darker the grounds would be lit up with different coloured glass lanterns everywhere, I loved watching the Bournemouth Eye go up and come back down again although I have to say I have never been brave enough to do it myself, I also remember seeing a live band at the bandstand once but can't remember who they were but all I know is it was a big band, we then walked back along the beach to a little cafe, myself and my friend had a hot chocolate which was rather good if I'm honest and half a danish pastry because they were so big. 






We grabbed our spot on the hill where we had a really good view of the sky performances anyway, couldn't see the inshore events to easily, but I have never seen so many boats anchor in once place before they were coming from every direction, even the S.S Shieldhall came over.


The show was then opened by the Red Arrows, I have seen these do a fly past once before over Weymouth but nothing like the display they did and they came so close to us at one point, I could see the pilot inside how they do it I will never know, but I take my hat off to them, it was surprising how many people and boats left after the Red Arrows had finished.





















Then the silence came in as we waited for the next display to happen, which was I believe a  Memorial flight for the pilot that died a couple of years ago and being too close to the ground for comfort doesn't even come into it along with free falling, then came the biggest aircraft that we saw of the day which was the Lancaster Bomber I used to think a Spitfire was big, but boy was i wrong it's tiny in comparison but just as important in our history although I'm not sure if the Lancaster Bomber was our one or the Canadian one, then the last aircraft we saw for the day was the Dakota which always makes me think of a Doris Day song, let me know in the comments if you can guess which one.




















The only thing I will say that could have been better was the area of land covered  although the aircraft flew over us, most of the flying was centralized around the Bournemouth Pier area and people were stretched across the beach right from Boscombe Pier right up to where we were at the Durley Chine end that had to be a few miles long.



Love & Hugs





You can find me on 

Youtube | Facebook Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'
Snapchat: retrobombshell




Comments

You Might Like